When it comes to creating vertical videos, a few apps reign supreme; this blog post will discuss the best vertical video apps for iOS and Android devices. We will also provide tips on shooting and editing vertically for perfect results!
From TikTok to YouTube Shorts, social platforms push short-form, vertical (9:16 aspect ratio) videos. So, it’s no surprise that mobile video editing apps are starting to roll out features that make it easy to shoot, edit, and export content in this format without leaving your phone.
Here are some of the best vertical video editing apps for iOS and Android:
– Videoleap Editor by Lightricks
The Videoleap Editor, Lightricks (although, sadly, not compatible with Android), is one of the most comprehensive mobile editing apps in the App Store. The free version is surprisingly generous with its capabilities. It includes a wide variety of video editing features, such as the ability to add music, text, filters, and even a green screen effect called Mixer. When exporting your finished, vertical video, Videoleap makes it easy to choose your preferred resolution and frames per second and a choice to upload directly to your open TikTok account.
– Splice Video Editor & Maker
If you’re looking for an app that will allow you to edit and export vertical videos without any fuss quickly and is available for both IOS and Android, Splice is a great option. From removing a video background with Chroma Key to adding music and text, Splice has everything you need to create high-quality, vertical videos. There is a Ken Burns effect too! One of the best features of Splice is that it’s completely free to use with no watermarks.
CapCut is a free video editing app available for both IOS and Android. It’s simple to use and has all the features to create beautiful, vertical videos. With CapCut, you can add music, filters, text, and even slow-motion effects. When you’re ready to export your vertical masterpiece, CapCut makes choosing your preferred resolution and frames per second easy.
– VLLO Intuitive Video Editor
VLLO is an excellent option for those looking for an app with more advanced features such as keyframing, a green screen, and the ability to add video effects. Although it doesn’t have as many features as some of the other apps on this list, it’s still an excellent option for those wanting to create vertical videos. VLLO is available for both IOS and Android, and it’s free to use!
Now that you know some of the best apps for creating vertical videos, here are a few tips on how to shoot and edit vertically for perfect results:
– Shoot in portrait mode: This will ensure that your video is in the correct aspect ratio for vertical viewing.
– Use a tripod: A tripod will help you keep your camera steady and avoid shaky footage. A tripod with a light ring can pop your videos and add a finished, professional look.
– Edit your videos vertically: Many editing apps now have features specifically for vertical videos. Use these features to ensure your videos are edited correctly for vertical viewing.
– Add text and graphics: Adding text and graphics can help make your vertical videos more visually appealing and engaging.
– Export in the correct format: When exporting your vertical video, choose the correct resolution and frames per second, ensuring your video looks its best when viewed on a vertical screen.
So, what are you waiting for? Get shooting! By following these tips, you’ll be sure to create beautiful, vertical videos that are perfect for viewing on any device.